Shrinkage of the penis. Ugh, sounds like a dirty word. Penile atrophy sounds even worse because it has a scary medical ring to it. Both represent the same thing: it is a condition in which the size of the penis appears to decrease (or actually decreases) due to a large loss of penile tissue. Penile atrophy is not permanent for all men and can sometimes be reversed or at least significantly improved. Let’s talk about the causes of penile atrophy, how to fix it in case of temporary shrinkage, and tips to prevent it in the future.
What causes penile atrophy?
There are several different causes of penile atrophy. These are some of the most common, some permanent and some influenced by lifestyle that have been linked to reduced penis size.
1) Time of the Old – Age is an inescapable truth, and while wisdom and self-image often improve, it can affect a man’s soldier. Accumulated scar tissue from years of crazy sex and sports injuries can have a negative effect on the spongy erectile tissue, leading to shrinkage of the penis.
2) Smoking causes smaller sausages – Smoking shrinks and damages blood vessels in the body, including those in the penis, which can prevent blood flow to the penis. This is shown by a study from the Boston University School of Medicine that found that smoking men had smaller penises. If that doesn’t make a man quit, what will he?
3) Too many beers and hot wings – Weight gain, especially visceral fat in the abdomen, can make the penis look smaller, giving it a shrinking effect. The penis is attached to the abdominal wall, and when the stomach inflates, it pulls the penis inward, reducing its visible size. Gain inches back on your junk by shaving inches off your waist.
4) Peyronie’s disease – This disease is characterized by the buildup of scar tissue, which causes the penis to curve dramatically when erect and can be quite painful. Peyronie’s can result in a decrease in both the length and girth of a man’s lord.
5) Medicines – Medications like Adderall, antipsychotics, and antidepressants can cause penile shrinkage. Consult a doctor for more details and always ask about side effects.
How can a man treat penile shrinkage?
There are several ways to treat penile atrophy. Here are some ways a man can slow or reverse penile shrinkage:
1) Lose the nicotine – While there are plenty of reasons to quit smoking (yes, vaping too), keeping your penis strong is very persuasive. Smoking shrinks and damages blood vessels. Remember this mantra: Butts kill boners!
2) carve the waist – It’s time to lose some kilos. The penis will look bigger and function better because there are fewer obstacles to blood flow.
3) male enhancers- Increase blood flow with daddy’s little helpers. Male enhancement drugs like Cialis and Viagra will help most men achieve and maintain stronger and more powerful erections. Heart patients should always be careful with these pills. Only use male performance aids that have been prescribed by your personal physician; don’t lend them to a friend.
4) Surgery for Severe Cases – Those men who have Peyronie’s disease or excessive scar tissue on the penis may find help with ultrasound treatments or surgery. These will not reverse shrinkage but may improve penile sensation and sexual performance.
Prevention of penile atrophy
Okay, so aging is off the table. If a man could figure that out, he would be the richest man in the world. Let’s talk about realistic things men can do to prevent penile shrinkage. First of all, talk to your doctor! If something weird is going on downstairs, don’t wait! Then, maintain a healthy weight, eat a diet rich in protein, good fats, and plenty of vitamin- and mineral-rich fruits, vegetables, and legumes. Now for the fun tip: get lots of boners, even if you don’t use them. The penis is a muscle that needs to be worked or else the muscle atrophies, just like the biceps and quads.
Finally, maintain the health of the penis. Keep it clean and infection free. Always practice safe sex. Men who really want to keep their penis in great shape use a specifically formulated penis health cream (Health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven to be safe and gentle on the skin) daily or several times a day to rejuvenate and protect your member. These creams contain vital vitamins, amino acids, nutrients and minerals that keep the penis strong, vigorous and healthy for years to come.