1. Treat family members with integrity, honesty and respect and never publicly criticize the decision of another family member.
2. Do your best to show courtesy, respect, and friendship in dealing with other family members to show employees that the family is united.
3. Be a professional listener who allows others to express their views without interruptions or challenges.
4. Make decisions based on the principles outlined in our family business doctrine.
5. Invest a minimum of one consecutive week per year in personal management and leadership development offered outside of the organization.
6. Be willing to discuss issues openly and honestly.
7. Publicly support the decisions of the President and other senior managers.
8. Address any problems with a family member directly with that person.
9. Fulfill all my commitments to other family members unless I notify them in advance.
10. Be open to constructive feedback from family members with positive follow-up dialogue without closing and fostering feelings of resentment.
11. Function in my role within the scope of my responsibilities and will not usurp authority or evade authority.
12. Respect the position of other family members who perform their duties as outlined in their personal job responsibilities and support their decisions even if I disagree.
13. Commit to act in accordance with and in support of this code of conduct.
1. Openly challenge a family member in front of other employees about a decision they made. I can disagree and discuss issues without being obnoxious and confrontational.
2. I get so angry that I withdraw or disconnect from a family argument unless we take a break to allow emotions to calm down.
3. Disregard a decision made by another member of the family who is performing in their respective role with the authority defined by their role.
4. Going behind the back of another family member with the intention of soliciting the support of employees to challenge the authority of the other family member.
5. Talk about the competence or attitude of another family member with an employee of our company. Family respect will always be the top priority.
6. Intentionally withholding information that is relevant to the business of another family member.
_______________ ____________________ _______________
Signed by all family members