New York City is a truly amazing city. Everyone who has been there can testify to it. If you haven’t had a chance to visit New York City yet, you should start planning a visit right now! The city has an energy, a pulse that is hard to describe to anyone who hasn’t been to New York. Go there and you will understand.
New York City is not the cheapest city in the world to visit. Below we have listed the top ten things to do in New York City, which are mostly free things to do in New York City. There are many things to do in New York City throughout the year, the city does not have a particular season when it is best to visit. However, most New Yorkers enjoy the summer and think that it is the best season to see New York City.
New York City has many nicknames, some of them are: The Big Apple, Gotham City, The City That Never Sleeps, The Capital Of The World, The Empire City, The City So Pretty It Was Named Twice.
We think these are the top 10 things to do in New York City, things that should be on every visitor’s must-do list.
1. Central Park: the green oasis and respite from New York City. A must see! In winter you can go ice skating and in summer you can lie on a blanket in the sun.
2. Ground Zero – the memorial site for the WTC towers.
3. Empire State Building: Panoramic views of New York City from here. EST is now the tallest building in New York.
4. Times Square: The neon buzz of Times Square, near Broadway, where it all happens.
5. Brooklyn Bridge: An engineering marvel with sweeping views of lower Manhattan and Brooklyn. A walk across the bridge is a must.
6. Statue of Liberty – The iconic statue of liberty and liberty. Go here and you will understand that democracy is a great thing.
7. Metropolitan Museum of Art- “The Met” has some of the best art in the world. If you like art, this is also a must visit.
8. United Nations Building: the epicenter of world diplomacy. Home of world politics and democracy.
9. Guggenheim Museum: It is “The” place in New York for modern art. If you like art, this is also a must visit.
10. Grand Central Terminal: Busy travel hub full of pop culture references; movies, music and TV shows.
Go and enjoy New York City, life is too short so start planning today!